In addition to the 4 advisory commissions, 9 concertation committees were created by a decision of the managing director on 4 June 2015 (CAE, CAF, CCDS, CCE, CCF, CEPS, COMSIS, CPAC and CSAT).
The purpose of these committees is to organise concertation with assignee public services and authorities by including them in the thought process governing agency missions, in particular the managing director's individual decisions which are only adopted once the committees in question have given their opinion.
The European Affairs Committee prepares the French position and coordinates the French representation's position in international radio frequency negotiations. As such, it prepares the world and regional radiocommunications conferences organised by the International Telecommunications Union as well as the European Post and Electronic Communications Conference and European Commission meetings covering its field.
The European affairs committee coordinates the French representation's action in the committees, commissions, expert groups and work groups created by these bodies, with which it has permanent contacts.
The frequency assignment committee gives its opinion on the assignment of shared band frequencies. It is also informed of projects to assign new frequencies in exclusive bands on which it can give an opinion.
The frequency assignment committee checks the drawing up and updating of the National Frequency File (FNF) which summarises frequency assignments. To achieve this, all assignee public services and authorities send the frequency assignment committee the required data, in compliance with defence and public security measures as well as trade and industrial secrets covered by the French 98-753 Act of 17 July 1978 on the access to public service documents.
The spectrum control committee makes proposals for:
- the prevention or processing of interference,
- the resources to be implemented by the ANFR in the short, medium and long term to successfully complete these actions.
The spectrum control committee is informed of the implementation of solutions adopted to remedy difficulties encountered in this sect
The border coordination committee
The border coordination committee is in charge of preparing the French position and coordinating the French representation’s action in terms of international border frequency coordination.
It also informs all the players involved of the ANFR coordination mission progress.
The strategic plan drafting committee is in charge of carrying out regulatory and economic studies of the evolution of spectrum use as well as drawing up the strategic plan on the evolution and management of spectrum uses under the conditions described by the Secretary of State for digital technology in their letter of 23 January 2015.
In particular, it gathers together:
- the prospective work of the CES and CCE;
- the spectrum reviews carried out by the ANFR with each assignee;
- the studies on spectrum use and its economy;
the collection of needs for new services.
The site and easement committee
The site and easement committee contributes to the mission given to the ANFR by articles L43 and R 20-44-11 5° of the French postal and electronic communications code in the matter of:
- the optimum use of available sites;
- the compliance with exposure limit values for the general public to electromagnetic fields;
- the opinion on easement projects as well as corresponding documentation management;the drawing up and publication of documents, directories and files relating to radio stations and installations and radio station grouping zones.
In order to do this, the site and easement committee is in charge of giving the ANFR Managing Director opinions and of preparing the following actions:
- defining case management procedures for the stations and radio equipment recorded in the ANFR directory;
- giving its opinion on the creation and modification of the grouping zones for station and radio equipment recorded in the ANFR directory;
- preparing Agency agreements and opinions for requests to install radio stations submitted by applicants;
- updating the records for agreements and opinions covering the stations and radio equipment recorded in the ANFR directory;
- contributing to the correct operation of the above mentioned agreement and opinion management;
- answering queries on all issues that may arise in the conduct of ANFR missions relating to the recording of stations and radio equipment;
- giving an opinion on cases of reported interference and on the compliance of stations and radio equipment that has been checked compared to the declarations.
The satellite system committee
The satellite system committee makes the ANFR Managing Director proposals as part of the procedure to examine satellite system operating authorisation applications under article L. 97-2 of the French Postal and Electronic Communications Code and articles R.52-3-3 to R.52-3-15 and R.52-3-21 of the same code. The satellite system committee also makes proposals for the management of frequency assignment applications for satellite systems.
The assembly and conference preparation committee is in charge of preparing the French position and drawing up its contributions in the following organisations:
- the ITU global and regional radiocommunications conferences;
- the conference preparation group for the European post and telecommunications conference and its related groups;
- the ITU radiocommunications assemblies;
- the ITU-R study commissions;
- the ITU radiocommunications advisory group.