The Agency’s Directorate of Strategy performs three principal tasks:
- to offer strategic guidelines to the Directorate-General;
- to carry out studies on the economic value of the spectrum and position the Agency with regards to these problems at national and international level;
- to lead the Agency’s actions and provide coordination with the various directorates in respect of the exposure of the public to radio waves.
To fulfil these tasks, it is supported by two departments.
- A “Studies and Economic Prospects” department responsible for drawing up reports and analyses on economic, econometric and techno-economic issues. This department works in close liaison with the other directorates, in particular the DPSAI, as well as universities, researchers, economists and consultants in France and abroad. It organises the “Spectrum and Innovation Conference”.
- A “Study of Public Exposure” department which coordinates tasks within the Agency related to exposure of the public to radio waves. It works closely with the other directorates. Its mission is to reinforce the position of the Agency as a neutral technical expert on these subjects with Members of Parliament, local councillors and the general public in particular. It organises a network of associates (laboratories, innovative SMEs, etc.).