Gilles Brégant (born in 1963) is an École Polytechnique (1983) and Télécom Paris (1988) alumni.
- From 1988 to 1996 he had various responsibilities in the France Télécom research centre.
- In 1996-97, he was a technical advisor to the Secretary of State for Research's cabinet with the mission of coordinating international action and research on information technology.
- From 1997 to 1999 he was in charge of a team in the France Télécom external relations department.
- From 1999 to 2001, he was in charge of the “Programmes et Prospectives” sub-department (Industry ministry).
- From 2001 to 2005, he was secretary general of the digital mission for the Ministry for the Economy, Finance and Industry.
- From 2005, Gilles Brégant was the technology director at the French Audiovisual Council.
- Since 2011, he has been the National Frequency Agency's managing director.
- Chevalier de l'ordre national du Mérite (2001),
- Chevalier des Arts et des Lettres (2011),
- Chevalier de la Légion d'honneur (2013).